Fall is in full swing and there are some gorgeous trends and key items every girl needs to take on fall in style. So to help combat those chilly temps and freshen up your fall wardrobe a mini fall shopping spree is definitely in order! We put together a list of 10 essentials every girl needs to stay stylish this fall. Enjoy shopping!
Strobing has become one of THE hottest makeup trends and is oh so perfect for summertime! It strays from the rules of contouring and instead focuses on highlighting the face to achieve a gorgeous glow. It really is just highlighting with a fancy name!
Strobing is a pretty simple technique that should be done with care, being careful not to be overdone! Your goals are fresh-faced and glowing, you don’t want to end up looking like you’re super sweaty and shiny AF!
Strobing highlights the higher points of the face that generally reflect light like the cheek bones, brow bones, cupid’s bow, temples, bridge of your nose and chin.
You should be sure to choose a highlighter that is similar to your skin tone to achieve the desired look. Lighter complexions work well with champagne to pinkish highlighters and medium to deep complexions work well with golden to bronze highlights.
Highlighters come in creams and powders. A combination of the two achieves a gorgeous glow but a good powder highlighter will also work well on its own and is usually easier and quicker to work with. Choose which you prefer and simply follow the steps below for that stunning glow!
1. Cleanse and prime skin
2. Apply a lightweight foundation
3. Set with powder
4. Apply your makeup as usual
5. Strobe away! Dab your cream highlight onto the upper cheek bones, brow bones, cupid’s bow, temples, bridge of your nose and chin. Next, sweep some powder highlight over the same areas to set and intensify the glow and be sure to blend out any harsh lines.
Welcome back to another one of my fashion favs! You can check out my last fashion fav, tank top rompers here. Lately, I’ve been totally loving off the shoulder tops because they’re just so versatile, comfortable, and cute! They show a little skin while still remaining feminine and classy. For everyday I love flowy, peasant-style off the shoulder tops in summery colours paired with cut-off denim shorts or light wash jeans. At night, this classic can be dressed up with a pair of sleek black jeans, or tucked into a skirt with some heels. This is also another great transition piece for spring to summer that shows off just what the music festival, boho-chic trend really has to offer, with styles from soft and flowy to cute and cropped. Here are some of my favourites!
- Urban Outfitters Truly Madly Deeply Lola Off-The-Shoulder Top $49
- Brandy Melville Ezra Top $25
- Forever 21 Contemporary Smocked Crop Top $21.90
- ASOS Off the Shoulder Top with Shoulder Ruffle $67.46
- Topshop Lace Crop Tee $50H&M Off the Shoulder Blouse $19.99
- H&M Off-the-Shoulder Blouse $19.99
- Aritzia Wilfred Sartre T-Shirt $70
- Nasty Gal Love Me Tinder Tank Top $74
What’s your fashion fav of the moment? Share yours in the comments below!